Wednesday 22 April 2009

4. The Fourth Amendment

From my previous session, thankfully I had improved. An ‘intense’ session is what my driving instructor had called it. I definitely had a different name for today’s lesson.

I was given commands at rapid speed, “Mirror, signal, manoeuvre, brake, clutch, and handbrake.” I honestly thought I was in an army boot camp. I squealed to myself ‘I have been good this year, what have I done to deserve the military on my back. ’ Amazingly, I was able to take all the orders as commanded.

The fear factor was actually quite useful as the shock from his screaming helped me to overcome confronting other drivers. My ‘mentor’ gave me a pat on the back as I was totally exhausted.

What was absolutely magnificent was that I stalled less and gained control over the gears, clutch and the steering wheel. Getting to biting point became an incredibly appetizing piece of cake now.

Although, after the lesson, the instructor turned around to me and said that I must do my theory test. I shook my head in dismay. I had tried reading the ‘Official Highway Code’ and found that I had driven myself in to a ditch. It did take a while to get the hang of the driving, let alone the book. I think I might leave that until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment