Wednesday 22 April 2009

5. Broadening my Horizons

After my ‘intense’ driving session, I dreaded going back into the Ford Fiesta. However, I took a deep breath and stepped towards the grey car, hoping my prospects would not be the same.

As I drove around the predictable practice routes, lesson five was not exactly what I had imagined. I finally realised I had moved out of my safety zone of FurzeDown and was travelling slightly further than usual.

Becoming very wary and nervous, my braking became non-existent; I could not seem to stop at the end of road. Instead there came a nuisance; my replacement was that of stalling. I found it remarkable how fast I managed to travel in second gear.

It became apparent that my success at not stalling was short-lived as I managed to stall three times in the space of a minute. I appear to be setting a world record all by myself.

My clutch control had finally improved, and I was pretty sure that it was not my instructor fiddling with the dual pedals. What seemed to be a jerky start, nevertheless the driving had become much smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment